TEST COINS


Question:

Hello,

I have one of these coins, and I was wondering what you could tell me about them? I found mine on the ground in Seattle many years ago. It was different, but someone probably thought that it was a penny… Do they have any value, and what were they used for etc? Any info you can provide will be helpful.













Denver Mint.  

The Denver Mint is a branch of the United States Mint that struck its first coins on February 1, 1906. The mint is still operating and producing coins for circulation, as well as mint sets and commemorative coins. Coins produced at the Denver Mint bear a D mint mark (not to be confused with the mark of the Dahlonega Mint). The Denver Mint is the single largest producer of coins in the world.

Answer:

Dear Daria Brockliss-Brown,
Hi,
You are most welcome to visit my Blog.
This Denver Mint token should be a token for the purpose of showing  to potential customers as a sample to secure a deal at the initial  stage.When the customer view this tokens and agreed to the quality of the minting,then they may ask the Mint to further strike a sample coin with designs provided by the customer.
To a non collector,this is just a penny,to a numismatist and a token collector, this is a rare piece considering that we are not and no way to be their potential customers.
Best regards,
Dickson Niew. 



6 comments:

  1. Very interesting token.
    Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear whycollect,
    Thank you! Happy holiday and happy week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 100's of these. Can anyone tell me how to get them into the marketplace appropriately? I work for a small non-profit and we have many from Denver as well as Philli. Any help would be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Del Morgan,
    You may sell through ebay or face book!
    Can I have a sample of each to be send to my shop at Dickson Niew Collection Corner, No:58,Jalan SS14/2, 47500,Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What are they really worth? I realize they are suppose to be solid copper, but for collectors there has to be a value above that of scrap prices.

    ReplyDelete