ANCIENT COIN-MALAYSIA COPPER GROUND NUT COIN.

Malaysia Ancient Copper Ground Nut Coins.
Rarity:RRRR

On 3rd of December 2011, I made a trip down to Malacca to visit The MALACCA JONKER STAMP AND MONEY FAIR.

Muzium Sejarah Melaka (Melacca History Museum)
During free time, I went to visit Muzium Sejarah Melaka (Melacca History Museum),to my surprised, I found an item that I have been  searching for more information for long time was displayed in a glass casing, an ancient Copper Ground Nut money (Mata Wang Kacang Tembaga).

This ancient Copper Ground Nut money was presented to Melacca History Museum (Muzium Sejarah Melaka) by Encik Zakariah Bin Mayhat of Batu 3,Jalan Paya Ikan,Bukit Baru,Melaka.

Ancient Copper Ground Nut Money,Dickson Niew Collection.
I have two pieces of  this ancient Copper Ground Nut money in my collection which I inherited from my brother many years ago.Although not much information I can gather except to know the name of the contributor,but I was very happy to see a piece of this ancient Copper Ground Nut money was displayed in Melacca History Museum (Muzium Sejarah Melaka.)

Ancient Copper Ground Nut Money,Dickson Niew Collection.
Left: Weight:37.47gm. Length:42.00mm. Thickness:15.00mm.
Right:Weight:34.94gm.Length:42.00mm. Thickness:15.00mm.


8 comments:

  1. Hi Dickson,
    Wow, ancient ground nut coins also got meh, haha.
    Simply amazing!
    First time hearing or seeing these coins.
    Surprisingly you managed to keep these coins a secret for so long.
    Haha, might be information not forth coming earlier.
    It would be wonderful if more information could be gathered about these beautiful heritage items.
    Thank you so much for sharing them with us, Dickson :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi whycollect,
    You are right, because without information,I cannot certain the actual purpose of this copper ground nut!
    Yes!it would be wonderful if more information could be gathered about these beautiful heritage items.
    Although,the information are scarce,my research will still continue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dickson,
    Hehe, looks like the most expensive nuts in the world.
    Macadamia nuts also lose to yours la, haha.
    Congratz dan thanks again for sharing, Dickson :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whycollect,
    This copper ground nuts need Davinci code to crack open!
    I tried many times with "Open sesami",wrong code!!Ha!ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dickson,
    Cannot crack your Davinci code?
    Cannot be eaten?
    'Sup-ng-sook fa-sang', haha
    Never mind.
    Give them to us ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Whycollect,
    'Sup-ng-sook fa-sang'="half Green Tea-Wu long Tea".

    I love vintage Liu-Pau and Puh-Er!
    So....Cannot give you loh!!ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dickson,
    If you have the chance, you should try the vintage Po-Lan Liu-Bao, esp the one without the pink or green box type.
    Ah, best in the world, haha :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whycollect,
    Twice I was treated with vintage Po-Lan Liu-Bao.The first one was treated by Siow Sifu of Taman Connaught 5k a kilo and second time was treated by Mr Richard from Sunway 20k a kilo,however, I am not a tea connoisseur,so I didn't know it was a world class vintage tea!Hope to meet them again!

    ReplyDelete