1985 50 CENTS COMTEMPORARY COUNTERFEIT COINS

Malaysia Best Contemporary Counterfeits Coins:1985 50 Cents

Rarity:RRR
1985- Left:Genuine Coin.Weight:9.33gm.
Right:Counterfeit Coin.Weight:8.90gm.
(Dickson Niew Collection)
This morning I was having breakfast with my sifu Mr.Tony Au in Jalan Ipoh, I took the opportunity to show him my latest collection of errors and counterfeit coins,especially the 1985 50 Cents contemporary counterfeits which I bought from fb's Terjah Antik. 


He told me this is the best contemporary counterfeits that he had came across in Malaysia so far.He recalled his memory and told me this coin was circulated freely for almost 20 years without being detected,one piece even once past the stringent authentication of a few Pakar Numismatik Malaysia in one of the MNS Auction as missing "i" variety.

In 2005,he was the one who spotted and confirmed this 1985 50 Cents is a counterfeit coin in one of the MNS Auction's authentication meeting.

For more details of how to detect this "crowned" as the Malaysia best contemporary counterfeits coin,please visit my post in my Blogspot :http://dniewcollectors.blogspot.com/2011/03/c.html. which I posted on 20-3-2011.

RSP:RM280/BU

1 comments:

  1. Year 2000 50Sen Counterfeit UNC worth anything?

    ReplyDelete