TOKENS:MALAYSIAN ARMY FOOD AND BEVERAGE TOKENS

Malaysian Army Food And Beverage Tokens.

Two months ago, I received a piece of Copper Token from my regular Blog visitor Mr Mahadevan. He urged me to do some research and try to find out more information on this token.

Malaysian Army Food And Beverage Tokens. Obverse.
Malaysian Army Food And Beverage Tokens. Reverse.
Upon checked through my own collections, I found three pieces of  similar copper tokens.
These were the Malaysian army food and beverage tokens and were being issued after the second World War,believed to be in the late 40's to early 60's.

Weight:7.81gm,Diameter:31.60mm.
There were being used as a ration tokens in the army camp mainly to control the army personal on consuming beer and cigarette.

Weight:10.79gm,Diameter:38.10mm.
My brother worked as a chef in Malacca Terendak Camp  in mid 1960's, he told me he had heard of these tokens being used among the Commonwealth  army but have never seen one before.

Weight:14.11gm,Diameter:44.30mm.
RSP:RM68.00/UNC
I was told by a Malacca numismatist, Mr.Boson Goh, he had encounter a batch of these tokens sold in Jonker Street Malacca few years ago.

If you have more information on these copper tokens, please share with us,thank you in advance.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment