TEN KEPING TERENGGANU TIN COINAGE

Terengganu Sultanate Tin Coinage Ten Keping 1310 A.H. (1892/1893)(SS15)

Rarity:RRR/UNC
When I received this Terengganu Ten Keping tin coin from my customer who wanted me to arrange for the service of encapsulation,I was astonished by its condition. It looked like an uncirculated tin coin. It was aged for 120 years but it is still looked like it was just minted yesteryear.

I do not dare to confirm to its owner about its authenticity but I promised him to seek for the Pakar Numismatik Malaysia (PNM) opinions.

Later,when I took the initiative to consult Master Tan Tai Seng and Master Haji Mohd Rani,they were confirmed that it is indeed a good original Terengganu Ten Keping tin coin.

Obverse: In Arabic "Duriba fi Trekanu 1310";(Struck in Terengganu 1310.A.H.=1892/93)

Reverse: In Arabic "Sepuloh Keping 10 "; (Ten Keping 10).A wreath of leaves in the border.

Edge: Plain
Weight: 5.6gm

Diameter:28mm

Composition: Tin

0 comments:

Post a Comment